We are actively fundraising for our ‘Nurse Practitioner Project’
This project will employ a full-time Nurse Practitioner and Medical Office Assistant providing Primary Healthcare for up to 800 Greater Victoria residents. We are currently hiring a full or part-time Nurse Practitioner (click to view current posting).
The funds are being managed by the Creating Community Wellness Society, and donations are tax deductible.
The plan for the Clinic and how you can help to make it a reality
70,000 people on the South Island have no consistent Primary Health Care. We are planning to open a Nurse Practitioner Clinic located in the extension of the Cook St Village Activity Centre (CSVAC), which we very much hope will be approved by the City of Victoria in April 2020. To be a leader in planning the Nurse Practitioner Clinic either apply for the NP position or join the Health Advisory Team as a Co-op member and volunteer.
To support the drive for the new space please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “328 Cook St Rezoning Application”. Include personal stories about your efforts, or the efforts of your family and friends, to access Primary Health Care, plus something along the lines of:
The Victoria Health Co-op needs exam and treatment room space to serve some of the 70,000 people in our area who do not currently have Primary Health Services and adequate wellness services. The proposal for 328 Cook St enables the Victoria Health Co-op to access space to provide Nurse Practitioner services, a Medical Office Assistant, health and wellness education, and wellness treatments. VHC practitioners and patients and the practitioners currently working at the Cook Street Village Activity Centre will be able to work together for the wellbeing of community residents.
Questions? Please email or call Vanessa, VHC Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org 250.415.9272. One more request: would you consider becoming a member of the Creating Community Wellness Society? Please complete the application form and AGM proxy form and send to email@example.com
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Part-time or Full-time Nurse-Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner, Victoria BC – Job Posting (Click to view and please share widely!)
Our aim is to build a team, fitting in with YOUR full- or part-time schedule, and to meet the on-going needs of between 450-800 residents, from infants to seniors, who have on-going or episodic need for care. Learn more about our unique project!
Please make a donation to ensure that this project will continue for the long-term. We are fundraising for day-to-day clinic supplies and sourcing medical examination equipment. Every contribution counts!
Patient Roster – Waiting List
If you’d like to have your name added to the Nurse Practitioner waiting list, please let us know via our Contact page. You do NOT need to be a member of the Victoria Health Cooperative to be a patient.
3 Ways To Help:
- Space. Whether or not you would use the NP clinic, we need your help. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “328 Cook St Rezoning Application”. If you have already written, please ask your friends and neighbours to help. See what details to include the paragraphs above.
- Fundraise. Give us YOUR ideas for how you can help us to raise funds. Please email or call VHC Chair, Vanessa Hammond email@example.com 250.415.9272. She needs all available brains and hands!
- Donate. The pressure on medical services will be even greater in future with all the people who have not been able to get attention for on-going problems, regular check-ups. Help us to get all the furniture, equipment and supplies we need to open the doors. All donations are most welcome and we are happy to provide a Charitable Donation Receipt. Fill out the form below to make a donation now to Creating Community Wellness Society.
Need More Details?
Review our resources and one-page ‘Backgrounders’:
- Victoria Health Cooperative Backgrounder
- Creating Community Wellness Society Backgrounder
- VHC Nurse Practitioner Project Backgrounder
- VHC Nurse Practitioner Project Media Release
- Nurse Practitioner Scope of Work
- Nurse Practitioner FAQs
Other Ways to Help:
- Share this page to your own Social Media Networks: copy/paste https://VictoriaHealthCooperative.com/np-project
- Download the YYJ NP Project Poster and hang it up in prominent places