On Topic: Your Wellness
Which would you prefer – to have the best possible physical, mental, emotional and social wellness you can, or wait until you find yourself focusing on illness and injury? At the Victoria Health Co-op we have, from the start, worked at trying to achieve wellness. It has been a challenge but we want to let you know about the progress we are making, and ask for your advice.
First the progress. We are continuing in very encouraging discussions with the Cook St Village Activity Centre (CSVAC) about space. Our hope is to provide exam rooms for our Nurse Practitioner, treatment rooms for the wide range of Wellness Practitioners, and space at both CSVAC and at Centennial United Church (CUC) for Wellness Programs. Being a patient of the nurse practitioner is covered through your Medical Services Plan. Please let us know if you want to be on the list of potential patients. Services of some of the Wellness Practitioners are covered under some insurance plans, and we will be offering a unique, affordable, results-focused extended service plan to help with all of the wellness services.
We are continuing to organize Co-op Cafés. In March Civic Leaders from the municipal, provincial and federal levels told us about their upcoming priorities and co-operatives from the environmental, housing, health, financial, transportation and seniors sectors explained how they responded to such needs. This led to many energetic and enthusiastic conversations and we will continue this at our final Café event on May 15th.
Please help us to move our ahead on our plans and activities.
- Would you like to be on the list of potential patients for the Nurse Practitioner?
- Would you like to come to an explanation of the Scope of Practice of a Nurse Practitioner at CSVAC or CUC? You can get a good start at www.bccnp.ca/Standards/RN_NP/resourcescasestudies/clientcare/scope/Pages/Default.aspx
- Would you like to receive treatments from a range of Wellness Practitioners at the CSVAC? Which of these, and which of our other many practitioners could be of interest? Osteopathy, therapeutic meals, Trager® bodywork, Alexander Technique, Cranio Sacral treatment. Would you like to come to an information session regarding the services of our Wellness Practitioners? We hope to have a full list on our website in the near future.
- Will you come to the next “Civic Leaders and Co-ops” session to hear about how Civic Leaders and Co-ops work together for the benefit of the community? Join us from 6.30pm – 8pm on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at the CSVAC?
- We urgently need to raise funds to purchase furniture and equipment for the Exam Rooms and Wellness Treatment Rooms. You can receive a charitable donation receipt for gifts to the Creating Community Wellness Society. How can we encourage people to donate? Would you help us with fund-raising?
- Would you like to know more about having complete access to your health record (medical record AND wellness action plan) and about developing your long-term wellness circle plan through the Victoria Health Co-op?
Please share you thoughts with us. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.415.9272. Thank you for your participation – we hope the Co-op and our programs will support you at any stage in your wellness journey.
Vanessa Hammond, Chair
Victoria Health Co-operative