PROJECT IN DEVELOPMENT
We are actively fundraising for our ‘Nurse Practitioner Project’
This project will employ a full-time Nurse Practitioner (or two part-time Registered Nurses) and Medical Office Assistant providing Primary Healthcare for up to 800 Greater Victoria residents. The VHC has been active in discussions and advocacy in our community to secure clinic space and long-term funding for this project. We are aiming to hiring a full or part-time Nurse Practitioner, or two part-time Registered Nurses in 2021.
Please make a donation to ensure that this project will continue for the long-term. We are fundraising for day-to-day clinic supplies and sourcing medical examination equipment. Every contribution counts!
The funds are being managed by the Creating Community Wellness Society, and donations are tax deductible.
Patient Roster – Waiting List
If you’d like to have your name added to the Nurse Practitioner waiting list, please let us know via our Contact page. You do NOT need to be a member of the Victoria Health Cooperative to be a patient.
FUTURE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Part-time or Full-time Nurse-Practitioner (NPs)
Part-time Registered Nurse (RNs)
– Victoria, BC –
Are you an experienced Nurse Practitioner? A Registered Nurse? We are in progress with securing clinic space to support a full-time NP or 2 part-time RNs.
The Victoria Health Co-op is seeking a full-time NP or two part-time RNs to work in community settings to provide primary health care.
Our aim is to build a team, fitting in with YOUR full- or part-time schedule, and to meet the on-going needs of between 450-800 residents, from infants to seniors, who have on-going or episodic need for care.
Details will be posted here as the project continues to develop and we encourage anyone who is interested in this position, shares our goals for community health through this project, or may have ideas to present to our team (as we work hard to make this a reality) – we would love to hear from you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send your resume to our hiring committee.
Ways To Help:
- Fundraise. Give us YOUR ideas for how you can help us to raise funds. Please email or call VHC Chair, Vanessa Hammond email@example.com 250.415.9272. She needs all available brains and hands!
- Donate. The pressure on medical services will be even greater in future with all the people who have not been able to get attention for on-going problems, regular check-ups. Help us to get all the furniture, equipment and supplies we need to open the doors. All donations are most welcome and we are happy to provide a Charitable Donation Receipt. Fill out the form below to make a donation now to Creating Community Wellness Society.
Need More Details?
Review our resources and one-page ‘Backgrounders’:
- Victoria Health Cooperative Backgrounder
- Creating Community Wellness Society Backgrounder
- VHC Nurse Practitioner Project Backgrounder
- VHC Nurse Practitioner Project Media Release
- Nurse Practitioner Scope of Work
- Nurse Practitioner FAQs
Other Ways to Help:
- Share this page to your own Social Media Networks: copy/paste https://VictoriaHealthCooperative.com/np-project
- Download the YYJ NP Project Poster and hang it up in prominent places