YOUR local health co-op needs YOUR voice + support!
Click the DONATE button to make a contribution to the Creating Community Wellness Society (CCWS), a Registered Charity (CRA 83383 5457 RR0001) and VHC’s partner organization. An official donation tax receipt will be issued for donations addressed to Creating Community Wellness Society. Donations can also be mailed or left c/o Victoria Health Co-op,380 Cook St, Victoria, BC V8V 3X7.
To better support our partner organization, help us increase CCWS membership for grant eligibility by becoming a Member-at-Large. Send your Application to firstname.lastname@example.org – it’s as simple as that! Questions? Please email us. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Join our bi-monthly "No Touch" Wellbeing Sessions - virtually!
UPCOMING SESSION: Join us via Zoom at 1-2pm
Sunday, July 12th, 2020
Visit this link to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81544710806
“No Touch” Wellbeing Sessions invite you to explore new wellness practices, modalities, and communities that aim to improve our wellbeing holistically and through group education – virtually!
Meet Co-op Members and friends of the VHC who will share brief introductions to useful information on a range of health and wellness topics and practices, and will be available for questions and general discussion.
This week’s topics include:
- Fort Royal Pharmacy Update: Abi Michel will present an update on our Co-op partnership and share details on the case for nationalizing Pharmacare.
- Concepts of Beauty – Part II: Marg MacQuarrie will introduce more concepts of beauty and how representing them enriches her days.
- The Emotional Feedback Mechanism: Peter Bernardin shares his perspective on our emotional feedback mechanism that helps us find peace and clarity of mind no matter what we’re doing or where we are.
- Enhancing Subjective Wellbeing: The Benefits of Exercise: Peter Hindi discusses the importance of maintaining an exercise routine during the pandemic, and highlights the positive effects of exercise on mental and physical health.
- Cycling Year-Round in Victoria: Lyn Stewart offers a short-guide to how to keep riding your bike year-round and what retail and repair shops to visit to find gear and more information.
Taking care of each other amid COVID-19... When you can't hug, just share a
Promotions and Partnerships
NEW: Fort Royal Pharmacy Partnership
with Victoria Health Co-op
Have you visited any of the Fort Royal Pharmacy locations for your prescription and over-the-counter needs? Learn more about the services and special offers to Victoria Health Co-op members:
Heather Eastman, founder of HIBOU, and Chief Operating Officer of Tsunami Solutions, presented Hibou Wellness to the Victoria Health Co-op community. They are currently sharing a no-cost lifetime subscription to their program for Automated Wellness Checks. Visit their webpage to enroll in their home care program before June 30th for free, for life!
About the Co-op
Health, as defined by the World Health Organization (WHO), is "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
The Victoria Health Co-operative (VHC) is a group of individuals, passionate about well-being for ourselves and our community. We include and welcome, as member-owners, all who are dedicated to their own health and the health of their families, friends and community.
We organize and support wellness programs for members and the wider community to empower and support individuals and groups to adopt healthy lifestyle practices and move towards well-being.
Learn more about our mission and values as a community co-operative – get to know your Co-op and our Board of Directors!
Updates + Announcements